Ensuring data quality
- A select sample of all patient records submitted to the TVT registry by participating sites are reviewed by a data monitor during site visits to ensure definitions are understood and all data is being thoroughly and accurately abstracted/ case logs are reviewed for 100% case capture.
- All data entered for select outcomes are checked against the patient chart.
Additional ways that Michigan TAVR ensures quality
- All new data abstractors are invited to attend face-to-face day-long training.
- The Coordinating Center hosts occasional conference calls with data abstractors to answer questions and to discuss data abstraction issues.
- The Michigan TAVR website has an electronic means of submitting questions to the MI TAVR project. Submitted questions are assigned to appropriate staff and monitored for timely answers.